2 years ago
- Removed support for Flash, which was deprecated by Adobe on December 31, 2020.
- Added out of the box support for low latency HLS streams, including partials, automatic playback rate adjustment, hold back, and part hold back. The player automatically detects low latency streams and goes into that mode with no additional configuration required.
- Added support for low latency in JW Live Channels streams.
- Added support for IMSC1 captions in HLS streams.
- Added markup to discourage Google from displaying player error messages in search result snippets.
- Removed a default value for
liveSyncDuration. The player will no longer add a default of 25 to item sources.
- Improved automatic latency defaults by starting HLS live streams with a latency based on the streams
HOLD-BACK, in accordance with the HLS spec. This can still be overridden in browsers other than Safari by configuring
liveSyncDuration, which used to default to 25 seconds.
metadata.currentTimeto the seek event response.
targetLatencyto time events. When playing live streams, the player will adjust playbackRate to meet the latency target.
- mproved stream type detection for Yospace streams, which often contain query string parameters after the file extension.
- Reduced fatal player errors caused by user agents represented as Safari that are really Chrome.
- Fixed an issue causing the player to buffer indefinitely instead of erroring when all levels in an HLS manifest 404.
- Fixed a bug causing only one ad in a VMAP ad pod to play when the VMAP is passed via
- Changed release cadence of the Biannual channel from updating to the latest version every six months to updating to a six month old version every six months. This allows Biannual channel to run a much older version for longer, and offers greater rollback options, as the other channels often are running similar versions.