a year ago
- Added support for Google Search's video key moments seekToAction markup. Players with
generateSEOMetadataset to true will now have the required fields to enable Google to not only index videos, but also generate chapter markers with AI and surface those in enhanced search results. JWP is working in partnership with Google to improve organic search traffic for all of our publishers.
- Added support to automatically seek to and start a video on a specific time with the
jw_starturl query parameter. The parameter takes a number, in seconds. For example
https://www.jwplayer.com/?jw_start=20will start the 1 minute 3 second video on our home page at the 20 second mark.
- Updated the HLS.js dependency to v1.0.12.
playlist.onXhrOpenconfiguration to support DASH streams.
- Improved image size decisioning for JW Platform streams. When the player loads an image, whether it's a poster image or thumbnail, it now uses the closest available image size rather than one fixed size across the board. This will improve data transfer as well as user experience.
- Fixed an issue with the Freewheel ad client where custom key value pairs weren't being sent in the ad request as expected.
- Fixed an issue where the embed url defined in the SEO video object was invalid for JW Platform streams.
- Fixed a bug causing the HTML page URL to be requested multiple times when casting.
- Fixed a bug occurring during live streams where the About This Video modal cannot be closed and a console error is thrown.
- Fixed an issue where embedded TTML captions in MPEG-DASH live streams were not displaying as expected.
- Fixed an issue where some DASH audio tracks were labeled with only a two-letter ISO code instead of the full English name.