a month ago
iOS: 4.12.0 - Creating Configurations from JSON Objects and More
With our latest iOS SDK release, you can create configurations from JSON objects. We've also made user experience improvements related to the language menu, audio-only content controls, and casting playback. And lastly, we have addressed several ads, captions, and playback issues.
JWPlayerConfigurationBuilder()enables creating a configuration from a JSON object.
- Two new intuitive aliases replace the
[String : AnyObject]and
- The languages menu dynamically chooses and displays the Audio, Captions, or Audio & Captions menu based on options available to the user.
- For audio-only content, developers can now define the fading behavior of the onscreen controls through the
interfaceBehaviorproperty of the
JWPlayerViewController. By default, the controls will fade, similar to the behavior with video content.
- Whether through AirPlay or Chromecast devices, video playback screen maintains the same look and style.
- Volume on IMA ads maintains consistent levels even when set during the ad.
- Playback no longer crashes when the video is in the background.
- VAST ads now play during DRM-protected content without causing player errors.
- Caption display behavior continues as expected after exiting Picture in Picture mode.